‘Racehorses of 2017’ deals individually with 11,522 horses, each treated as a subject on its own. Lavishly illustrated, with 300 photographs of the best races and top horses, and running to over 1,200 closely-printed pages, ‘Racehorses’ is designed to be of practical value in winnerfinding. Look up any horse and you’ll find its all-important Timeform rating, a quickly-assimilated written summary of its best performances and an expert analysis of its racing character, including its distance and going requirements. But ‘Racehorses’ is also intended as a permanent record of each year’s racing and it has long been the worldwide shopwindow for British bloodstock, internationally recognised as the definitive record of the merits and achievements of the thousands of thoroughbreds raced in Britain each year.
- An individual entry for every horse that ran on the Flat in Britain during the season and the best global stars, including a Timeform rating and commentary
- Extended essays on the leading performers
- 1,216 pages and over half a million words
- Action and posed portrait photographs
- Examination of the wider issues in the sport through the essays and forthright introduction. It doesn't pull its punches!
- Top 100s, promising horses lists, International Review & more
Racehorses (£79) for the Flat is published annually in March and is part of a series which dates back to 1948. The companion Chasers & Hurdlers (£75) is published in October as part of a series which dates back to 1975/76. Both are available direct from Timeform, post free in the UK, and from Amazon. Click on a button, link or scroll down to our product boxes to order your copy.
It's informative, it's insightful, it's indispensable. So try it today!
Itallian stallions? From sprinters to stayers, read the essays on Caravaggio and Capri in a 13-page freebie...
PLEASE NOTE: RACEHORSES OF 2016 SOLD OUT