ITV Pick 7 tips
ITV is the sole free-to-view broadcaster of horse racing in the UK, showing live racing every Saturday and some major fixtures during the week. The channel also runs the Pick 7 tipping competition in conjunction with Skybet, which brings another angle to both attract punters and keep viewers interested in all fixtures through the card.
What Is The ITV 7?
The objective of the ITV7, also known as the ITV Pick 7, is to predict the winners of seven races, usually on a Saturday afternoon, most or all of which are televised on ITV, to win a jackpot prize of £50,000 – sometimes more, on big racing occasions. ITV covers a main meeting and races from one or two other fixtures, which usually includes coverage of between six and eight races altogether. If there are fewer than seven live races, other races or meetings are included in the bet. The competition is available for jumps and Flat racing or the combination of both codes.
How Does The ITV 7 Work?
It is time-consuming to assess the form for seven races, which means bettors are happy to invest in ITV Pick 7 tips. Normal horse racing tips can be used for the ITV7, as it has the same format as a seven-fold accumulator – all seven legs are required to win in order for the winner to collect the jackpot prize. It differs from an accumulator in three key ways:
- There is no stake required – it’s a free-to-enter competition
- You don’t technically need all seven horses to win, in order to win money. This is because if no one picks all seven winners to take the jackpot, the player who got the closest to doing so will pick up a consolation prize of £1000
- You don’t need to pay attention to a horse’s price, or look for value per se, because the jackpot and other prizes are fixed and do not depend on the horses’ odds. In practice however, the more horses you pick at short odds, the more likely you are to pick the same selections as another player. In the event that several winning players pick the same horses, the jackpot will be split equally. In the event several players qualify for the consolation prize, that prize will be awarded to the entry submitted earliest
ITV Pick 7 Tips
Winning the ITV 7 can be lucrative so many bettors are prepared to pay for either horse racing tips on races included in the ITV Pick 7, or specific ITV Pick 7 tips.
One of the best sources of ITV 7 tips is with Timeform’s TV Focus tipping service. This gives a recommended bet for every ITV-broadcast race, at a cost of £5 per edition, from Timeform’s Jury – a selected group of Timeform’s foremost analysts working in a capacity as tipsters. Sometimes there will be no recommended bet for a race – usually in this case there is a short-priced favourite that the team deems highly likely to win, but at odds they do not deem favourable to the bettor. For the ITV 7 though, odds do not matter towards the result, so the player is free to bet on that horse without unnecessary risk.
ITV Pick 7 Rules
ITV Pick 7 tips are used to enter the ITV 7 which is subject to the following rules
• Entrants win the jackpot prize for picking 7 winners
• If a non-runner is included, the bet is on the SP favourite
• If there is a dead-heat, all horses involved will be considered winners
• If there are abandoned races, the jackpot prize will be amended accordingly
• There are consolation prizes if nobody picks seven winners
The rules are transparent and easy to understand. It is clearly extremely difficult to pick the winner of seven selected races. However, the prize, free entry and straightforward task provides a good incentive to subscribe to ITV Pick 7 tips and enter the competition.
In order to enter the ITV 7 and use the ITV 7 Pick tips, competitors must follow these steps;
1. Subscribe to ITV 7 Pick tips
2. Log in or register with Sky Games
3. Log in using the new or existing account details
4. Select horses in seven ITV races
5. Successful players can win the jackpot or consolation prizes
There are varying prize funds from £1,000 to £250,000. The jackpot attracts customers to invest in tipping services to improve the chances of winning one of the prizes.
ITV Pick 7 Odds
The ITV 7 is a free-to-enter competition. It is akin to placing a seven-horse accumulator with a bookmaker, though the prizes are not based on the odds but a share of the jackpot. This is similar to a pool bet, which pay dividends depending on the share of the bets placed on the winning outcomes. However, as there are no entry fees in the ITV Pick 7, the prizes are guaranteed regardless of the number of entries. As the competition is run in conjunction with Skybet, players are invited to place a bet on their selections. As the combined odds of all seven horses winning is often very high, a successful bet to small stakes could theoretically win the bettor far more than the ITV Pick 7 jackpot is worth.
Racing On ITV
The ITV 7 is a competition related to racing on the channel. ITV broadcast all the major UK festivals and headline Saturday races. When there are seven or more live races being broadcast, the jackpot can be won by picking the winners of these races. The following are the biggest racing events that are shown on ITV, which create the most interest in ITV Pick 7 tips:
The Cheltenham Festival is the biggest betting meeting of the season. There are seven races on each of the four days of the meeting, which runs Tuesday to Friday in mid-March. There is an ITV 7 competition run on all four days. Races three to six of each day of the meeting are shown live on the main ITV channel.
The Grand National is the most famous steeplechase in the world, and attracts many once-a-year bettors who don’t bet on horse racing at any other time. The Grand National is the final leg of the ITV 7 on that day, so could decide if the jackpot is won. The ITV Pick 7 tips must include the winner of the famous race on Grand National day. The race attracts the biggest ITV racing audience of the year.
The Derby is the most prestigious Flat race in the world. It is run at Epsom over one mile and four furlongs on the first Saturday in June. The Derby attracts plenty of interest in the mainstream media and racing Press. The coverage encourages betting on the race singly and as part of the ITV 7
Royal Ascot is the equivalent of the Cheltenham Festival on the Flat. There are six races on each of the five days of the meeting in June. An extra race is added from another meeting to create the ITV 7. Live TV coverage leads to more betting on the ITV 7 and the need for profitable ITV Pick 7 tips. There is a jackpot prize and consolations offered on each day of Royal Ascot.